Happy Friday y’all! Today’s post is a recap of Weekend 1 of Austin City Limits Music Festival. ACL is a huge 3 day festival that occurs two weekends in a row during October in Austin, Texas. The main purpose of the festival is music, but there is also tons of other fun stuff to do! You can do a bit of shopping at different booths, eat amazing food from different places in Austin, people watch, experience different styles of fashion, and of course listen to amazing music.
On Friday, I saw Flume who was AMAZING! He did so good and the concert was a lot of fun! After that I went to watch Major Lazer which was also so fun! Saturday was a long day, but thankfully it was not too hot. We started off with DJ Mustard which required a lot of jumping LOL. He did really good! After that I introduced my friend to P. Terry’s (if you have never had it please try it and thank me later!) while we took a lunch break. My phone was on the verge of dying so I went to the State Farm booth to charge my phone for a bit and then we headed to see The Chainsmokers which was my favorite performance of the weekend! I was so excited to see them live and they did not disappoint! We ended the night with Kendrick Lamar, but if I could go again this weekend I would checkout Kygo instead! Sunday was the longest day and it was a great way to end the weekend! We got there early to see Kacey Musgraves who is seriously so good live! I loved her before, and now I really love her after seeing her perform in person. At this point we were all pretty tired so we took a break under the ACLFEST sign and relaxed for a bit. We went to see Chris Stapleton next and I had a good time at his show, but he was not a favorite for me. We ended the weekend with Mumford and Sons who were an awesome surprise. I did not expect their show to be as fun as it was! I would say my weekend was filled with tons of fun, friends, and great music!
Last Friday I was pretty unprepared and I ended up running to the Domain after class to try to find some last minute outfits for the weekend. Surprisingly, I was pretty successful and I found a few things to wear. I sadly did not get any pictures of my outfit from Day 1, but I did get pictures from Day 2 and Day 3.
Belt: Old, similar here
Gold Necklace: Kendra Scott Elisa in Gold Druzy
Watch: Old, similar here
Bag: Coach, similar here
Earrings: Tory Burch
Wire bracelet: c/0 Better Bead Wear, similar here
Bodysuit: Sold out, similar here
Denim Skirt: Blu Pepper
Suede Choker: Forever 21
Gold Necklace: Same as above.
Sunnies: Same as above.
Booties: Old, similar here
Bag: Same as above.
Rings: Same as above.
Watch: Same as above.
Wrap Bracelet: Same as above.
So, if you have never been to ACL, I have a few recommendations after my first festival experience.
- KNOW THE SCHEDULE! Seriously technology can mess up so have the schedule copied somewhere else on your phone, I would recommend your notes!
- Go with the friends you want to be with because meeting up is extremely difficult. Cell phone service is horrible once you get to the festival so the chances of you finding your friends are pretty slim! There is a section on the official ACL app where you can get a code to share with your friends so you can see where they are at Zilker Park, but because cell service is bad I would not recommend expecting this to always work.
- Bring an extra battery pack to charge your phone. I made the mistake of not doing this so my phone almost died before The Chainsmokers performed so I had to go charge my phone instead of being able to get there early to get a front row spot.
- Put your phone on airplane mode! It will keep your phone from constantly being blown up and it will also keep you from getting on on your phone and wasting your battery.
- Eat before you go to save $$$! If you have enough time in between shows to walk to somewhere for food you definitely should! You can leave and re-enter the park up to 3 times each day!
- Bring a re-usable water bottle! There are refill stations throughout the park!
- Bring a blanket or towel to sit on during down time. There were points in the day when my friends and I were waiting for a performance and there was not a performance currently on the stage so everyone sat down. The ground can get pretty dirty especially on Day 3 so I would definitely recommend bringing something you do not mind getting dirty to sit on.
- Pick a meeting spot in case you and your friends get split up! My friends and I met at a specific flag and that worked pretty well!
- Get to performances you want to see in advance! Do not wait until 20 minutes before or you will be in the very back which is never any fun :(.
- BRING SUNSCREEN! This is Texas y’all and the sun is extremely unforgiving. The amount of poor sunburnt people I saw throughout the weekend was so sad.
- Bring a small umbrella for shade! It seems like there would be a lot of shade in the park, but honestly it is pretty sparse so bring something to give yourself some shade if you get too hot.
- Wear comfortable shoes! You will do a lot of walking! I would not recommend wearing a brand new pair of booties if you have no clue how they are going to feel after standing in them for 8 hours.
Phew sorry guys this was a long one! I hope you enjoyed it! Are you going to ACL? If you already went who was your favorite performance??
Thanks for reading!